The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe provides opportunity to people of all nations to contribute to the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe.
The Tribe offers excellent health, dental, short-term, life and 401K insurance programs.
Applicants must submit to a background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Physical applications are available at the FSST Tribal Office. Applicants may attach their résumés to their Tribal Application forms.
Unless a specific listing directs otherwise, applicants should direct all questions and applications to FSST Human Resources by email; by postal mail at 603 W Broad Ave., Flandreau, SD 57028; by phone at (605) 997-3891 ext. 1201; or by fax at (605) 444-1044.
The Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe is accepting applications/resumes for the following positions.
Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe
Open: February 12, 2018 – February 28, 2018
Under the direct supervision of the Tribal Chairman, the incumbent will perform various complex secretarial duties required for the operation of the Office of the Chairman Attendance at monthly Tribal Council meetings and other sessions as deemed necessary or requested.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree as Administrative Assistant or related field preferred. Must have three (3) years of progressive experience as a secretary, or personal assistant, and be capable of being responsible for major, complex administrative functions requiring the making of independent operating decisions.
- Must have organizational and office skills, including competency with computers, peripherals, and the use of software such as MS Word, Excel, etc., and be able to type 50 words per minute accurately.
- Knowledge of proper use of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and knowledge of technical report formats.
- Possess a valid South Dakota driver’s license.
- Must be able to be bonded.
- Education and training may be substituted for experience, if relevant to the position.
- Qualified Indian Preference applies.
- Must submit to a P.L. 101-630 background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.